Identity 2021 virtual sessions: Fireside Chat with Josh Cierski from Reckitt Benckiser
- Posted by Alex Taylor
- On Jan 26, 2021
The format involved a conversation between ID5 Advisor, Anthony Rhind and Reckitt Benckiser’s Digital Media Manager, Josh Cierski, where they took a deep dive into the buy-side perspective on the future of identity.
Some of the key takeaways are as follows:
- With the continuous regulation changes and browser restrictions, Cierski believes that buyers have two options. The first, is to rely heavily on CRM data and use ad technologies such as a DMP to fuel first-party targeting. The second, is to seek out third-party solutions. Either way, he sees this as an evolution that we need to take together as an industry.
- A ‘single source of truth’ needs to be established. Buyers must take a step back and pinpoint what they are trying to achieve with the consumer, where they are collecting their data from and determine what other technologies can help augment that data.
- In consumer journey planning, it is essential not to inundate the consumer – in other words, buyer’s must avoid showing the same user the same piece of creative over and over again. The idea of multi device and multi content consumption should be taken into account so that a single user can be reached in a meaningful way.
- Reckitt is moving away from third-party means towards using their own first-party sources and identity solutions to obtain rich data and serve consumer specific messages.
- Many industry players have become far too comfortable relying on third-party cookies. Cookieless environments must also be accounted for to achieve the appropriate management of advancing consumer behaviours.
- There should be no difference between a consumer within Facebook or Google and a consumer in an open web environment. Reckitt claims to apply the same principles to both when it comes to precision and identifier based targeting.
- We need to do more as an industry to define the true value exchange for consumers, and bring this to the forefront in our conversations with them. The aim is to help them understand that this exchange is not only beneficial for the brand or company but for them as well.
If you missed the session, you can watch it on-demand below.
Thank you once again to everyone who attended Identity 2021, we hope to see you here next year for Identity 2022.