ID5 was created to improve online advertising for consumers, media owners and technology providers. Technical innovation - digital in particular - has fuelled global economic growth for years, created millions of jobs and enabled access to knowledge and entertainment like never before. Media owners have played a pivotal role in modern democratic societies, and have relied on advertising to fund investigative journalism and ensure governments were held accountable. Meanwhile, consumers have benefited from technical innovation and access to quality content and services at scale.
This ecosystem is being disrupted by the rise of global platforms like Google and Facebook: they capture the large majority of advertising investments from brands and use these resources to monopolise technical innovation for their commercial advantage. This challenges the very survival of independent media - all to the detriment of consumers, whose data fuels their marketing engines to an unprecedented extent.
ID5's ambition is to provide premium media owners and independent technology providers with a transparent, scalable, privacy compliant advertising identity solution to help them fight back against these platforms. To accomplish this, ID5 has built the first shared, privacy-by-design identity platform for the advertising technology industry.
ID5 was created by seasoned ad tech specialists with 30+ years of combined experience. It was launched in September 2017 and raised a seed funding round in March 2018. ID5 currently employs 10 people across the UK, France and Germany, and works with premium publishers around the globe including Mail Online, Cafe Media, DPG Media, Figaro, Prisma Media, Discovery, Advance Local, Wirtualna Polska, etc.
Do you want to work for a dynamic and disruptive ad tech start-up that views the current shifts in the digital advertising market as an opportunity to make a strong difference? If you share our ambition to make digital advertising a better place, we would love to hear from you!
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will develop new products, redesign and scale existing features, and perform research and testing on Product concepts. You will actively participate in all stages of a feature or product’s life by working closely with our founders and product team.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product to design and develop new or updated features of our products
- Participate in code reviews as both a reviewer and submitter
- Provide technical support to our internal and external users
- Identify and improve areas of the product that could be optimised for better performance
- Be the core maintainer of our API (https://github.com/id5io/id5-api.js), applying open-source best practices and principles
- Scale the API and its Backend for good performance and usability
- Lead and contribute to Identity topics in Advertising Open-source software, such as Prebid.js (https://github.com/prebid/Prebid.js)
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with several years of work experience, preferably in a highly scalable technology environment
- A background in Engineering or Computer Science
- Enjoys collaborating with others and has excellent communication skills
- Has been a core maintainer of an open-source project or is striving to become one
- An open-minded individual who will thrive in a startup environment. Responsibility, autonomy, enthusiasm, humility, and drive are key characteristics required to be successful in this role
Position reporting to ID5's Lead Engineer. Can be based remotely between time zones UTC -5 and UTC +5 or in our London or Paris offices..
Contact us at email@example.com / reference 018-SFE
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive.